Sunday, January 24, 2010
Needless to say I think we all survived the stockshows. It was a very long week. I can see why some of my friends have said they bribed their children with a ski trip instead. On the other hand, it was very rewarding for me to watch them work so hard for the last few months taking care of their rabbits. I dont know a lot about the way the other divisions work like steers, swine, goats, and lambs but I do know the girls had to learn everything they could about rabbits for showmanship. They did fantastic. I was more nervous than they were. Guess thats being a mom. I am so super excited to say we have passed off one rabbit and we only have two left. Finally, I'm glad the weekend has come to a close...
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Where I went wrong is the misconception about oily skin (Which is what I have) and climate changes. I went to the dermatoligist, no help actually, but I did get a great retanol prescription for youger looking skin and spot treating acne.
So, here is what I learned one dry season at a time
1. Bath time, keep exfoliating to a minimum. I still always get the feet because I'm on mine a lot and hate sand paper... yuck!
2. Do not take a HOT HOT bath. This only irates dry skin by drying it out even more...
3. Do not use harsh soap, phisoderm is perfect if what you use is making your skin dry. This is what I started from my kids first dermo visit years ago.
Save the soap for the cracks! BTW, I stole this comment from the doctor, which was not the dermo dr...
4. Even if you have oily skin, you should moisturize or you may need to change your moisturizer in the winter.
5. After bath oil, here is the biggest mistake I made. Drench yourself in body oil after your bath and blot dry your skin... Does this contradict what you know about oily skin?
Believe me body oils do not make your skin greasy and gross. They are very good for skin and this time of year our skin is very thirsty.
Besides, we all know where the bath store in the mall is located and they have a scent for everyone. For some of you overachievers I know you will make your own. I simply use baby oil aloe and save scent for perfumes, deoderant and fabric softner. Oh yes, I said it. If it didn't smell so good it wouldn't sell so good.... Clean linen!
6. Also, make sure you wear those pretty yellow gloves when you clean your bathtub. It is going to need cleaning around every three days because your skin is going to be so soft and soaked in winter goodness.
You do not want your hands in those harsh cleaners.
MEMO: If you have a house keeper your rotten and I'm jealous.
Now, for those of you who didn't know this, Your Welcome. For those of you who are thinking, I cant believe she didn't know this. Your Not Welcome, for not telling me.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Should have saved em'.... Now my kids are asking for them. I never thought it would happen to me, but now the things I used to wear in school are make the come back. I just smile at my sweet daughters when they ask for the big clunky plastic jewelry and say, "Gosh thats cool i wish they had this stuff when i was growing up."
So, when do we begin looking silly, wearing what we once wore?
In physics, a quantum (plural: quanta) is the minimum unit of any physical entity involved in an interaction.
i.e. "OMG! i hope my mom don't wear those leg warmers in public."
Friday, May 1, 2009
An absolutely brilliant description of me and my husbands life. We are the "parent" birds and our ex's are the Cuckoos.
Stay tuned for further post.